The eighteen individuals appointed to Performance Health’s 2014 Academy’s 2014 Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) represent five countries and expertise in physical therapy, chiropractic, exercise science, athletic training and massage therapy, and exemplify diversity in disciplines and cultures. The SAC meets once a year at its annual TRAC meeting to present research and findings on TheraBand, Biofreeze and Cramer Sports Medicine products.
Since its founding in 1999 as the TheraBand Research Advisory Committee, the annual TRAC meeting has evolved to include more disciplines and broader research initiatives across multiple product lines. The attending Scientific Advisory Committee members review and discuss research they have conducted on Performance Health products and identify clinical research needs. The 2014 meeting is being held from August 5-8 at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah.
2014 Performance Health Scientific Advisory Committee Members :
- Lacy Alexander, PhD, Penn State University, State College, PA, USA
- Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
- David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Barton N. Bishop, DPT, SCS, CKTI, TPI CGFI-MP2, CSCS, Sport & Spine Rehab, Washington, DC, USA
- Tony Brosky, PT, DHS, SCS, Bellarmine University, Louisville KY, USA
- Duane Button, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Todd S. Ellenbecker, DPT, MS, SCS, OCS, CSCS, Physiotherapy Associates, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Jeff Forman, PhD, NCTMB, De Anza College, Cupertino, CA, USA
- Jay Greenstein, DC, Sport & Spine Rehab, Fort Washington, MD, USA
- Andre Labbe, PT, Owner, Total Package Performance, LLC, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Michael Rogers, PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
- Mary Sanders,PhD, FACSM, RCEP, CDE, University of Nevada, Reno, NV, USA
- Robert Topp, PhD, RN, Marquette University, Milwaukee WI, USA
- Timothy Tyler, PT, MS, ATC, Pro Sports PT, Scarsdale, NY, USA
- Michael Voight, PT, DHSc, OCS, SCS, ATC, CSCS, TP1-3, FAPTA, Belmont University School of Physical Therapy, Nashville, TN
- Leo Y.L. Wang, PT, MPH, PhD, Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
- Kathleen Wolin, ScD, FACSM, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
“I am proud of and often times humbled by the distinguished individuals serving on our advisory committee, now in its sixteenth year. At last year’s annual TRAC meeting, 25 projects with findings ranging from sports performance and exercise prescription to neck and elbow pain treatments were presented,” stated Phil Page, PhD, PT, ATC, CSCS, FACSM, Global Director of Clinical Education and Research for Performance Health. “In addition to the significant body of research presented, last year’s members published over 31 papers and abstracts, including 11 collaborative projects during a twelve month period. This group truly exemplifies the commitment of Performance Health to research and education.”
Click here to read the Scientific Advisory Committee Members’ bios.