Back to school! For the next eight Wednesdays, we will be bringing you leaders in the physical therapy industry to share their expertise on hot topics like shoulder rehab, postural correction, taping, and more. Our Expert Showcase presentations were filmed live at CSM 2016 in Anaheim California, and are a compilation of our researchers and educators speaking on topics that they have personally invested their careers in promoting and studying.
Fight low back pain and achieve lumbopelvic stabilization
We’re excited to launch our Expert Showcase series with Dr. Barton N. Bishop, PT, DPT, SCS, TPI CGFI-MP2, CSCS from Sport & Spine Rehab in Washington, DC. Dr. Bishop has spent an extensive amount of time diving into the rehabilitation of lower back pain and the important role the glutes and hips play. He uses the TheraBand CLX, TheraBand Kinesiology Tape and other Performance Health products extensively to enhance his programs, and has published multiple studies showcasing his knowledge:
- Comparison of Electromyographical Activation of Gluteal Musculature During Therapeutic Exercises With and Without Elastic Resistance in Healthy and Low Back Pain Populations
- This study evaluated glute medius, glute maximus, and tensor fascia lata percent maximal voluntary isometric contraction while performing exercises with and without elastic resistance in healthy and low back pain patients.
- Effectiveness of Cramer® Sports Motion Tape on Low Back Pain Patients’ Pain and Disability
- This study determined the immediate and delayed effectiveness of Cramer Sports Motion Tape on glute maximus and lumbar para-spinal activation in a low back pain population.
- Effectiveness of TheraBand Kinesiology Tape on Low Back Pain Patients’ Pain and Disability
- This study determined the immediate and delayed effectiveness of TheraBand Kinesiology Tape on glute maximus activation in a low back pain population.
In his Expert Showcase Presentation, Dr. Bishop will be covering new advancements in lumbopelvic rehab as well as ways to activate the hips and glutes to achieve lumbopelvic stabilization. Watch and learn below!
Bishop B et al. 2015. Comparison of electromyographic activation of gluteal musculature during therapeutic exercises with and without elastic resistance in healthy and low back pain populations (abstract) JOSPT 45(1):A50
Bishop B et al. 2014. Effectiveness of Cramer® Sports Motion Tape on Low Back Pain Patients’ Pain and Disability Proceedings of the 16th TRAC meeting. Park City Utah. August 6-8, 2014. p. 23
Bishop et al. 2015. Effectiveness of TheraBand Kinesiology Tape on Low Back Pain Patients’ Pain and Disability (Abstract). Proceedings of the 17th annual TRAC meeting. Vancouver, BC. July 29-31, 2015. p. 26