Just because it’s the first day of fall doesn’t mean you have to follow suit! September 22nd is recognized as Fall Prevention Awareness Day, a day to raise awareness about the risk factors and prevention methods of fall-related injuries in older adults. This year’s theme is “Ready, Steady, Balance: Prevent Falls in 2016,” and we’re thrilled to offer you a wealth of resources to improve your balance, strength and fall risk with simple exercises and thorough research!
Here’s where to start:
- View our balance training articles for motivation and inspiration to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Interact with our full database of fall prevention resources to learn more about fall prevention.
- Invest in the First Step to Active Health program for an educational, research-based program covering cardiovascular health, flexibility, strength and balance training in older adults.
The National Council on Aging has also released several educational and interactive events to help older adults, care givers and clinicians get involved in the cause:
- Follow #FPAD2016 and @NCOAging on Twitter to learn the latest in fall prevention.
- Watch the #FPAD2016 Facebook Live stream TODAY at @ 1 p.m. ET as the National Council on Aging walks through a house and demonstrate safety strategies and tips.
- Access the National Falls Prevention Resource Center’s webinars to maximize your impact.
Share this article with friends, family and colleagues to get the word out and build a safer life for older adults!