In the world of massage therapy, the dreaded burnout comes in many forms. Lumbar, wrist and hand pain can have any seasoned therapist ready to call it quits. But don’t throw in the towel yet! Ruthie Piper Hardee of Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy® has a solution (a credible one, too!).
Hardee is the founder of the DeepFeet method, the modality that makes gravity the key to adding longevity to your career.
Ashiatsu massage is type of barefoot massage technique using overhead bars for support and balance. Using a combination of deep compression effleurage strokes, gravitational force, centrifugal and centripetal movements, Ashiatsu creates a meaningful impact in chronic soft tissue damage and a deep, relaxing stimulate to the lymphatic system of the body.
Ruthie encourages massage therapists who love what they do but deal with chronic pain to leave repetitive hand treatments behind and let gravity rejuvenate their practices. She cites nine important ways Ashiatsu massage benefits massage therapists physically, mentally and financially:
- Therapists gain upper arm strength with more tone and definition.
- The feeling of being “paid to stretch while having fun” is a common sensation felt by most graduates. The dynamics of delivering the various strokes and arrangements of Ashiatsu movements work synergistically with the therapist.
- Take years of stress off the lower lumbar from bending over a massage table.
- Weight loss can take place due to the isometric nature of the movements while performing the application of the strokes. You will be burning fat and energy.
- Eliminate stress on wrists, thumbs and reduces therapist burn out.
- Work less for more money. Ashiatsu is a specialized treatment and is recognized by the public as such. A unique specialty service such as this will give you a fast return on your training investment.
- Certified Ashiatsu therapists are part of an elite group of practitioners in the world.
- Highest level of one-on-one training from the original founder or an associate instructor who has been trained by the founder.
- National recognition of certification from the copyrighted, original source of barefoot bar massage.
Ashiatsu is not just beneficial to the massage therapist. Hardee explains that barefoot bar therapy has shown remarkable results for people suffering from chronic pain, postural problems, osteoarthritis pain, muscle tension or spasm and more. But that’s not where the benefits end for the patients:
- The feet are more comfortable than pointy elbows and thumbs.
- The broad surface of the feet enable the client to relax into the strokes.
- Gravity enables the pressure to be deeper than with hands-on.
- Ashiatsu quickly increases circulation.
- It’s both luxurious and therapeutic.
- Ashiatsu is especially beneficial as it warms up the larger muscle groups.
- Ashiatsu relieves tight muscles and stress.
- Deep pressure stimulates the body’s self-healing capabilities.
- Typically results in less soreness than with deep neuromuscular work.
A major way this modality can continue to enhance your career is through diligent, thorough continuing education courses. Read about the importance of proper certification on the Ashiatsu DeepFeet Bar Therapy three-part blog series, and check out their levels of certification and extremely credible certification process. Ruthie and her team are stationed nation-wide and ready to help you succeed.
Lastly, check out Ruthie’s testimonial for the Bon Vital’ products she prefers while practicing Ashiatsu!